- June 2018 Community Benefits Engagement (June 11 – 29, 2018) – See Details
- From June 11 – 29, 2018, CN asked for input on a short list of potential benefit ideas through a brief survey, available online and through community outreach in Halton Region.
- Spring 2018 Community Benefits Roundtables
- Three roundtable meetings were held in February and March 2018 to further refine a list of potential benefit ideas. Participants included local and provincial elected officials, educational institutions, residents’ associations, recreation and community associations, cultural associations, members of the local business community and residents.
- Fall 2017 Public Consultation
Through five open houses and two small group meetings in Halton Region, members of the public had the opportunity to learn about elements of the Project, speak with project specialists, and ask questions or voice concerns.
These events were part of a community consultation period CN held from September 18 to October 31, 2017. In addition to attending the events, members of the public were invited to learn more and provide input by reading the discussion guide, completing a feedback form online, or through a written submission by email or mail.
CN has been operating safely in Milton for 100 years and we want to make sure we continue to be good neighbours.
We are committed to ongoing engagement with Aboriginal groups, local governments, and the community to continue to find ways to mitigate the potential effects of our proposed Project, including working to find pragmatic solutions and enhancing potential local benefits.
We have worked and are continuing to work hard to listen to the interests and concerns of local governments and the community, and will continue to consider that feedback.